This Bureau contains Administrative Appeal Office, State Compensation Office, Law and Regulations First Division Office, Law and Regulations Second Division Office, The Administration Office, Personnel Office, and Accounting Office. The businesses are as follows:
I. Appeal review
Kaohsiung City Government establishes Appeal Review Committee, and the Director and Vice Director of this Bureau serves as the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson, while scholars and experts are appointed as the members of the Committee. The Administrative Appeal Office and State Compensation Office implement staff business. Members of the Committee strictly review the legitimacy and appropriateness of administrative sanctions made by all bureaus and departments, practice the due process of law and protect the rights and interest of people.
II. State compensation review
Kaohsiung City Government establishes Committee for State Compensation Cases. The Secretary-General and Deputy Secretary-General serve as the convener and vice convener, and the Director of this Bureau serve as ex-officio member, while scholars and experts are appointed as the members of the Committee to review the state compensation cases. The Administrative Appeal Office and State Compensation Office implement staff business. Member of the Committee are in a just position to carefully review state compensation cases, in the hope that the damages on people can be compensated as soon as possible.
III. Legal affairs review
The Director and Vice Director of this Bureau serve as the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of Kaohsiung City Government Legal Affairs Committee, and judicial officials, lawyers, scholars and high-ranking officials of the City Government are invited to serve as the members to review the drafts of legal affairs. Law and Regulations First and Second Division Office implement staff business to assist all bureaus and departments in drafting legal affairs. During the deliberation on the drafts, the Legal Affairs Committee will discuss the legislative purpose, style, and amendments article by article in order to ensure that the regulations passed meet the demands of city government policy.
IV. Legal advice
When any authority has doubts regarding the application of any law or regulation, it shall countersign with the bureau, which shall assist in providing legal advice and, when necessary, consult with scholars and experts for professional legal opinions. The bureau staff shall attend meetings held by authorities, join in the discussions and provide timely legal advice sufficient to effectively resolve disputes.
V. Legal affairs administration
The Administration Office of this Bureau is responsible for planning and holding seminars, study and counseling on legal affairs, as well as conducting general and legal affairs administration.
- Carefully deliberating drafts of legal affairs in order to ensure that regulations comply with the need of City policies.
- Upholding the principle of just, objective, not harsh and not abused to strictly deliberate appeals and state compensation cases in order to fully display the administrative remedy.
- Updating the database of laws and regulation inquiry and appeals search in order to provide people with correct and detail information of legal affairs.
- Implementing electronic services of video for appeals in order to provide diverse appeal procedure participation methods.
- Holding seminars and studies on legal affairs to improve the understandings of colleagues on legal affairs.
- Implementing legal affairs counseling to strengthen the ability of legal affairs practice for personnel in all agencies.